Live better with Monocle’s first book. The perfect gift this holiday season
Now shipping worldwideBuy online
For Monocle’s first ever book, The Monocle Guide to Better Living, our editorial team looks at one of the title’s core themes – quality of life.
In an informative and entertaining collection of writing, reports and recommendations, we’ve surveyed the locations, products and ideas that are inspiring better living across the globe.
The 400-page book features original photography and illustrations printed on a selection of the highest quality papers as our own contribution to making the world a little more liveable and loveable.
The Monocle Guide to Better Living is the ultimate reference for inspirational ways to improve your life. Published by Gestalten.
Format: 20 x 26.5 cm
Features: 408 pages, full colour, hardcover, limited edition, exclusive brown linen cover, bespoke matching sleeve box
International delivery via UPSAdd to bag & checkout
Watch a behind the scenes preview
From Monocle's Editor – Andrew Tuck
Over the past seven years Monocle’s editors have travelled the world to meet inspirational people fixing their cities, architects with a vision bigger than the bottom line and chefs who care where the food on your plate comes from.
Over time the stories about their ventures and adventures have built up into a quiet and subtle manifesto about how to live life just a bit better.
Monocle has championed the preservation of craft, the pleasure of reading, the importance of apprenticeships, the desire for scale and serendipity in our cities, the need to make stuff that lasts and becomes more pleasurable with age, slowness and the dignity that should be added to ageing. And we felt it was about time that we put all these thoughts between the linen covers of our first book.
Sure you will be able to just turn pages and look at the amazing imagery but we hope that it will also trigger some bigger thoughts and fresh passions. And we are delighted to be working with the Berlin-based publisher Gestalten who cares about these things as much as we do. Get yourself a copy. It will become a good well-thumbed addition to your life.
Gestalten specialises in developing content for aficionados of cutting-edge visual culture worldwide. Founded in Berlin in 1995, Gestalten is best known for more than 400 books that document and anticipate vital movements in design, illustration, architecture and typography as well as urban and contemporary art.
Join us for our book-launch tour, starting in September.
- Sept 5 Berlin at Gestalten Space
- Sept 10 London at Midori House
- Sept 11 Amsterdam at America Book Centre
- Sept 14 Tokyo at Tsutaya Daikanyama
- Sept 15 Hong Kong at The Monocle Shop
- Sept 16 Bangkok at Asia Books
- Sept 17 Singapore at Kinokuniya Book Shop
- Sept 19 Melbourne at Metropolis Bookshop
- Sept 20 Sydney at Potts Point Bookshop
- Sept 22 Brisbane at Scrumptious Reads
- Sept 30 Geneva at Le Bain
- Oct 1 Zürich at Pelikamo
- Oct 2 Stuttgart at Bungalow
- Oct 3 Paris at Colette
- Oct 17 New York, McNally Jackson Books, Neuehouse
- Oct 19 Toronto at The Monocle Shop
- Oct 22 Milan at 10 Corso Como
- Nov 18 Stockholm at Brillo
- Nov 19 Oslo at Tranen
- Nov 20 Copenhagen at Storm
- Nov 21 Helsinki at Stockmann / Academic Bookstore